Sunday, November 4, 2012

Churros with Chocolate Dipping Sauce


I followed http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/10/dulces-churros-with-chocolate-dulce-de-leche-recipe.html verbatim, so I won’t reprint the whole thing here. Well, I left out the dulce de leche, but that’s minor. 

I was afraid when I tasted the milk mixture that there was too much nutmeg, but it really blends into the background of the finished product. The most difficult part of this process is transferring the dough from the mixing bowl to the pastry bag (and subsequently washing said bowl). I’ve never had churros before, so I don’t have a point of comparison, but I was watching the Cooking Channel’s “The Best Thing I Ever Ate” (or was it “The Cheapest Show We’ve Ever Produced”?), and they had a segment on Rick Bayless’s XOCO where they talked about the churros there. One of the chefs mentioned that the creaminess on the inside was from undercooked dough – mine turned out the same way, so go me. Here’s some more pictures: 






0 comments:

Post a Comment